The Box Hill Cricket Club (BHCC) first formed in 1890. There are currently eight senior teams who represent BHCC. In 1991 the first female team represented the Club and today there are four female senior teams, three of whom compete within Cricket Victoria’s Premier Competition and one in the RDCA, A grade competition. BHCC also has four men’s sides participating in the Victorian sub-district competition (VSDCA) and had 6 junior sides in 21/22.
Our Women’s teams have had much success on the field, the Second XI winning our first Premiership back in 92/93 and the First XI successfully winning six Premierships in the last 11 years across the T20 and one-day format. We consistently find our senior teams competing for a place in the Grand Final and our last female First XI Premiership was in 2017/18. We are currently looking to develop both our emerging talent and senior leaders to become the most elite, professional, and successful Premier Women’s Club in Victoria, both on and off the field.
Job Title: Assistant Coach, Women’s Cricket (multiple roles)
Reports to: Director of Women’s Cricket
Direct Reports: N/A
Box Hill Cricket Club is looking for a passionate and well qualified Assistant Coach to support, grow and develop Women’s Premier Cricket. The Assistant Coach will assist in facilitating an elite environment and have the enthusiasm and desire to support girls and women to reach their potential.
The Assistant Coach will be responsible for developing players ready to compete in 1st XI cricket. They will promote and maintain an exceptional environment that supports the development of players.
• In conjunction with the Director of Women’s Cricket, the Head Coach and other coaches of women’s cricket, plan and execute the Club’s pre-season and in-season training programs with identified training phases that are recognised, measurable, communicated, delivered, and documented by all women’s cricket coaches and specialists
• Conduct pre-season and in-season training/development programs (skills, strategy and physical preparation) in consultation with all Club appointed coaches
• Assist, in consultation with the Director of Women’s Cricket, the Head Coach and other appointed coaches of women’s cricket, in the formulation and conduct of evolving strategies for improved player analysis across all applicable levels of the Club
• In partnership with the Director of Women’s Cricket, the Head Coach and other coaches, ensure players are developed and progress is measured, documented and communicated with each player
• Assist with team selections, if requested, and provide opinion and insight into selection and tactical decisions
• Active attendance across all grades, in consultation with the Director of Women’s Cricket, the Head Coach and other appointed coaches, at in-season women’s cricket matches to support and mentor the development of all players
• Working as directed by the Director of Women’s Cricket and the Head Coach on match days and supporting players as required
• Develop positive and strong working relationships and work closely with all coaches on all relevant matters
• Level 1 Cricket Australia Coaching Accreditation (or equivalent)
• Proven high level communication and people skills, and commitment to ensure excellent culture and teamwork is instilled and maintained across all levels of women’s cricket at the Club
• Strong knowledge of cricket technical and strategic skills, specifically related to the Coach’s individual area of expertise, but also more broadly
• Demonstrated commitment to people and player development
• Proven leadership and mentoring skills
• Current Working with Children Check
• Current First Aid & CPR certificate
Please submit your application by sending your CV and a cover letter to Vice President, Kathryn McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 May 2022. Any queries can also be made by email or calling 0413 029 963.